The Alpha and Omega of deadly heresies related?

If you claim to have new light or a respectable point of view that differs from what this ministry teaches, you may assert your ideas here.
Clark_Albritton
Seventh-day Adventist
Seventh-day Adventist

The Alpha and Omega of deadly heresies related?

Post by Clark_Albritton » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:58 am

You may not be aware of this, but the emerging church movement and the One Project of the SDA church that has nearly swallowed the entire NAD and certainly our local conference, has its origins in a collection of heresies covered by a book written by a devotee called, "Adventist Hot Potatoes." This coalition of cults within the SDA church have coalesced into the One Project and they combine the heresies of spiritualism of the Kellogg type, Spiritual Formation, meditative prayer practices, along with other elements of the Celebration movement and of course, the Omega of deadly heresies, the resurrection of the Moral Influence Theory of atonement of Abelard and Socinus, preached and taught for decades at Loma Linda by Graham Maxwell. All these elements have come together now, at the time of the end, right as we enter into the final chapter of the Three Angels Message, to savage the SDA church and take away the centerpiece of SDA theology and mission. The discovery that the Urantia cult and book have their same origins in ex-Adventist writings of John Harvey Kellogg - that is an astounding revelation to me that I am betting nearly no Adventist laymen is aware of. The relationship of this cult and its demonic teachings to the emerging church teachings cannot be avoided. So the same demonic forces behind Kellogg's pantheism and original heresies "gifted" him as well with the seeds for the Omega - the coalescing and combining of the "hot potatoes" to accomplish the final assault on the SDA church. http://ubhistory.org/storiesandpeople/jhkellogg.html

if you are not aware of who or what the Urantia cult is, here is a brief synopsis of its origin - this is snipped from a CRI article I will post a link to in a bit:
While I certainly believe in supernatural agents, both demonic and divine, who influence people on earth, my point is that we theists sometimes give up too easily. In this case it took a hard-core skeptic to unwind methodically the tangled origins and material fallacies embodied in The Urantia Book (UB). His chronicle is a landmark exposé of the origins of the Urantian movement.
Gardner’s interest in the UB was aroused in part by the long-maintained secrecy regarding its true author. He also describes himself as “fascinated by the enormous amount of science in the UB” (p. 181). Most channeled writings are deadly dull and palpably untrue where they touch on scientific matters. The UB is an exception. Its discussions of cosmology and anthropology are more erudite, and its errors and internal contradictions more difficult to detect.
The UB claims to be authored by supermortal, celestial beings through an unnamed “human subject” who conveyed messages from them in his sleep. A prominent Chicago psychiatrist, Dr. William S. Sadler, privately transcribed the contactee’s messages, and in 1923 assembled a small group to study the messages while hiding the contactee’s name and identity. The supermortals described themselves as extraterrestrials from other planets and star systems. Their name for earth is Urantia; they claim to have been observing and guiding the evolution of our planet (Adam and Eve, we learn, were actually transported here from the planet Jerusem). They say Christendom has distorted the true nature and teachings of Jesus Christ, and the time is now ripe for mankind to receive this “epochal revelation.”
Sadler’s study group submitted written questions to the contactee and eventually came to believe the Urantia Papers were a new revelation from God, on a par with the incarnation of Jesus Christ. Inner circle members funded its printing, and the first edition finally appeared in 1955, weighing in at 2,097 pages.

http://www.equip.org/article/urantia-th ... t-mystery/

Eugene Shubert
Seventh-day Shubertian
Seventh-day Shubertian

Re: The final assault on the SDA church

Post by Eugene Shubert » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:44 pm

Clark,

I am speechless. You seem surprised by the depths of apostasy and depravity that a non-Christian organization can sink to.

Clark_Albritton
Seventh-day Adventist
Seventh-day Adventist

Re: The Alpha and Omega of deadly heresies related?

Post by Clark_Albritton » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:25 am

I am surprised that the mysterious channeling and production of the Urantia book came from John Harvey Kellogg. I've known about this cult for a long time and even knew that some people linked the cult with the SDA church - but I did not know why. And yes, I am every bit as startled as EG White suggested we would be, that these openly demonic cults are now running the SDA church.

Eugene Shubert
Seventh-day Shubertian
Seventh-day Shubertian

Please cite the evidence

Post by Eugene Shubert » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:55 am

Clark_Albritton wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:25 am
The mysterious channeling and production of the Urantia book came from John Harvey Kellogg.
Are you claiming that John Harvey Kellogg was "the sleeping subject" or that he authorized the channeling? What is the evidence for that? If you read Martin Gardner's book Urantia: The Great Cult Mystery, then why is Gardner's opinion more compelling than the conclusions of other researchers? For example, according to the historian Dr. Sioux Oliva, John Harvey Kellogg was just a mentor to Dr. William S. Sadler.
Clark_Albritton wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:25 am
... these openly demonic cults are now running the SDA church.
What is your most compelling argument that a Urantia book believer has a leadership position in the SDA church?